Shepherds We Shall Be

Shepherds We Shall Be

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sunlight & Moonbeams

So I'm behind on the blogging. Blame it on my newness and the fact that Steve has been home hogging the computer and I've had my nose buried in the twilight books all week... So here we go, I've finished the books and claimed the computer for the day!

A few nights ago we went to bed late and it was a gorgeous night. The moon was shining so brightly through our bedroom window that I couldn't help but just stare at the lit up patch on my bed. Finally I rolled over into the lit up spot and just stared at the moon for a while. Finally I rolled back up and again couldn't help just staring at the part of the bed just shining in the moonlight. Like it was calling my name. I honestly felt the way a cat probably feels when it curls up into a patch of sunlight. Then Steve rolled towards me muttering that the moon was too bright. So he decided he wanted to look at it too. We rolled over so we were laying the wrong way over the beds and both just had our heads in the moonlight patch of the bed. It took me a bit to fall asleep, not because of the brightness (that actually helped more than avoiding it) but because I was just checking Steve out in the moonlight.
I've always loved the night more than day. Not sure why and don't get me wrong I love beautiful mornings but there's something far more alluring about the moon and stars to me. So looking at Steve fall asleep in our little patch of moonlight reminded me of how many nights we've spent looking at each other under the stars and moon in our time together.

For some reason lately I'm associating Steve with moonlight and Lestat with sunlight.


I mean how can I not?! Lestat's smile just lights you up inside! As a friend of mine has said having Lestat must be like having a constant ray of sunshine in your home! And he is. My little man is my own personal sun.

But what does Steve have to do with the moon? How have I turned Steve into my own personal moon instead of a sun? Well, the moon lights up the night, which Steve definitely lit up my world when it was at it's darkest. I am allured by the moon, by the different kind of light it casts. Steve definitely lights up my life in a far different way than Lestat does. He's darker, quieter, and more thoughtful.

These are just some of my thoughts as of late, it's kind of nice having my own personal sun and moon to light me up. And if I'm being completely honest, I totally thought this was funny after re-reading the twilight books where Bella refers to Jacob as "her personal sun". Lol maybe I could be Bella and Lestat can be Jacob. Steve could be Edward....but NAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment