Shepherds We Shall Be

Shepherds We Shall Be

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mommy's Day

So Mothers Day...this is my first away from home. Granted not much was different aside from missing dinner at the Shepherd cabin! ;) but regardless I had a great Mothers Day! Motherhood has definitely changed me for the better and I couldn't be more grateful! Lestat truly makes me appreciate the little things!

Like that we can choose our own path.

And hang in there no matter what.

That sometimes saying "OH SHIT" is acceptable.

 That some traditions are worth having every year.

That we should enjoy what we eat.

And let go of the guilt.

That we'll always have each other.

That some men do take care of their women.

That a simple gift can say it all.

That a humble thought will grow.

That we can always ride off into the sunset.

That having a big heart is something to smile about.

That sometimes you just gotta scream.

That we can always blow a kiss.

And always remember to not burst anyones bubble!

Lestat is the whole reason I exist, I have learned so much being blessed as his mommy. He may not be able to express himself with words but his smile, his eyes, his tone when he babbles, and most importantly his hugs, kisses, and hand holding shows how much he loves me. There is a special love between me and my son I honestly believe. It's something nobody can ever take away from us and as long as we have each other, who knows what dizzying heights we can reach! Love is hard wired into us as humans, but more often than not we tend to overanalyze and make things much more complicated than they need to be. Lestat has shown me that love can be simpler. For this I am forever grateful that my sweet boy with a heart (and tongue) too big for his body has made my "normal" sized heart swell with so much love and pride and beauty in the everyday simple things that surround us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh here's where you comment!! I LOVED this post! Super creative and fun to read. I'm so glad you and your boy have each other! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Francie! It made me smile BIG! You are such a great mother to Lestat and you are both lucky to have each other! Steve is pretty lucky to have you guys too. I love you!

    ReplyDelete