Shepherds We Shall Be

Shepherds We Shall Be

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Last Day of School

So today was Lestat's last day of school! I gotta say, despite what everyone back in Cache Valley said about not finding as good a school for down syndrome kids away from Cache Valley....wrong again people! Lestat has progressed so well I can hardly keep up with him! Instead of teaching him sign language they use a PODD here it's basically a binder full of pictures that Lestat points to to communicate and as of today he has met his goal of responding to it 90% of the time! According to his "report card" lol he has been overheard to say "blocks", "done", and "yea" while he's working! He can also put on his own coat and wash his hands with less help!  I am so proud of my lil man and so grateful for the teachers he had here! I hope he has the same teacher next year! They sent him home with the cutest little bag!




It was full of treats, books, a couple toys, his report card, paintings and...
a yearbook!


first day

playtime!

new friends!

working hard!

playing harder!

learning so much!

love my school!




























I was blown away by the effort his teacher and aides must have gone through to do this! I will cherish it forever since these are pictures I had never seen! It's so nice to see how he's really doing at school! And now it's summer and time for daycare...I get it through my work for cheap, but I'd rather he stay in school lol! I am just in awe of how my lil sweet baby has turned into a sweet boy!  I mean how did he go FROM THIS..
Very First Day of School when he turned 3!
TO THIS..

Graduation from Logan Preschool

And then we moved here where he knew absolutely nobody and his first day picture turned into this..

Was not as excited...

But now as of today my little boy went from that to this:


Lestat has gotten so big and has learned so much and I am just so so grateful that I get to be his mommy! Thank you to his new school for toning down his goals and making them more attainable!

1 comment:

  1. He is getting so big and learning so much! I'm not even going to recognize him when you guys come visit! How lucky to have such a wonderful school. What a handsome little guy, I just can't get over how dang cute he is! Mini Fran!

    ReplyDelete