Shepherds We Shall Be

Shepherds We Shall Be

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pumpkin Farm with an Ostrich?

Lestat just looks to tired and sleepy in his cute new monter shirt!
 So yesterday it was a gorgeous fall day and I took Lestat to a Pumpkin Farm basically in the middle of nowhere, Iowa. And of all things they had an ostrich there! I have never seen one in person and neither had Lestat! It was really neat! There were also crazy amounts of pumpkins, gourds, squash, indian corn, the works! We had a great time taking pictures, checkin out the ostrich several times and picking pumpkins and gourds for me! There was also a giant sandpile for kids to play in so Lestat loved that but unfortunately I didn't get any pics of that. It was just a short little outing, but it was a lot of fun and now we can say we've seen an ostrich up close! I seriously love fall, it's my favorite season and looks like Lestat is right there with me haha. Even though he likes to throw pumpkins and run away after a giant bird that could probably peck him unconscious, his lack of fear and joy in simple things just brightens every aspect of our life.

And sometimes,
its just enough to walk through the fallen leaves together
and smile at each other as they crunch.

No stealing Lestat!

Checkin out this big bird!

So cool!

They're huge!

Up close and personal.

So glad it didn't peck my head!

Lestat wanted to touch it!
Thinkin about throwin the pumpkin...


And he threw it.

Giggling like a maniac cause I kept saying don't throw it!

Distracted by turkey gobbles

Awww! He is so stinkin cute!

Still tryin to touch it!

Sayin hi

This was so cool.

Holding a squash or gourd that looks like a jellyfish to me

Snake gourds!

Pumpkin tower!

My haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment